Vishakhapatnam, the Jewel of the East Coast added another jewel on its crown in October 2008 with the establishment of The Akshaya Patra Foundation’s 5S and GMP standardised colossal centralised kitchen.
Rice per Day
Sambar per day
Every day after the meals are served, a feedback form is given to the concerned schools. 100% satisfactory feedback was received from Kaparada High School, Mindi School and Aganampoodi School.
Recipes are standardised as per the mid-day meal norms and the feedback received from schools.
• Raw materials are procured by considering the samples, certificate of analysis, packaging, Form-e and condition of the delivery vehicle.
• Supplier Selection, Supplier Qualification, and Supplier Ratings are done through vendor analysis.
As a part of the improvement programme, many kaizen initiatives have been implemented in the kitchen and a handful of them are as follows:
The methodologies adopted in the kitchen cater to provide the best:
• Raw materials are selected which has certified the GMP and GHP standards.
• The food items are prepared under strict supervision.
• Feedbacks are taken on regular basis
• Whenever there are requests for change, it is implemented in the meals supplied after careful consideration.